Monday, July 6, 2009

A new day


Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog and my first post. I decided it would be far easier to update information, ideas, tips and random thoughts via a blog rather than updating my website frequently. Also, as I recommend to students, it is a way to give my brain one new challenge, to learn a new outlet for information and sharing in our world of quilting.

I will continue to do monthly tips there at http://www.dianegaudynski.net/ as well as news on my Notebook page, plus all schedule and workshop information, but here? If something pops into my mind as I am quilting or thinking about what went right or wrong in a class, I will post my thoughts and news here.


Way back when I first began my website and about five people at most would visit, I had a page called "Ruminations...." This blog is the new version of that popular page, a work in progress.


Currently I am preparing for two 3-day classes in Paducah, KY at the National Quilt Museum, and am looking forward to seeing old friends there, former students, and new quilters coming to hone their machine quilting skills. If you have any questions about the class, what to bring, what we'll be doing, please email me.

"The Adventure Continues" will be independent study with the project of your choice. I will present some new techniques, help you solve problems you have encountered since your first class with me, and we will work together to brainstorm some ideas for various quilting situations. I have a feeling "the dreaded lagoon of puff" will come up in our class!

Keep quilting - your work gets better every day,

Diane

10 comments:

Diane Doran said...

Hi Diane, welcome to the blogsphere!

Diane Gaudynski said...

Thanks! Hope the air up here is fabulous,
Diane

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see you blogging Miss D! Now the blogosphere is complete. :-)

Diane L said...

Hi Diane, I am so excited to see your blog!

MH said...

Hi Dianne,
it is great to see that your Blogging !!!
you may not remeber me , but we had lunch together once at the Nashua quilt show . I'm excited to learn more from you . This is a great that I can be exposed to more of your talent and quilt expetise ! : )

Boop

MH said...

Hi Dianne,
It is great to see that your Blogging !!!
you may not remember me , but we had lunch together once at the Nashua quilt show,along with a small( NE ) group from Alex' MB . I'm excited to learn more from you . This is a great that I can be exposed to more of your expetise . : ) Boop

Jocelyn said...

Welcome Diane to the land of blog! So excited to see your posting. It is truly a happy day for quilters :-)

Diane Gaudynski said...

Thanks everyone! It's exciting to have a method to get so much info that floats around here daily out to quilters. If you have questions you can always ask them via this comment section and I'll try my best to answer, and that way many others can eavesdrop on our conversations. I spend a lot of time helping quilters via emails so this is just an extension of that format. A good one, I hope!

Nadine said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Diane! I'm so glad to see you here. I agree with Sandra--the blogosphere is now complete! :)

Diane Gaudynski said...

Thanks Nadine - so far I am liking the blogosphere!